Pets are a part of the family. Dogs, cats and other animals share our homes and lives, bringing joy and happiness to millions of us across the country. Just like humans need to see the doctor annually for checkups, the same is true for our pets. As a pet owner, you want to find the best of the local veterinarians in Fresno, CA so you have a resource for your pet’s health.
What qualities should I look for in a veterinarian?
There are dozens of local veterinarians in Fresno, CA. That makes it challenging to find one you can trust with your pet’s health and wellbeing. As you research veterinarians in the area, look for the following qualities:
- Reputation: A veterinarian should maintain an outstanding reputation in the community. Go online to read reviews of local veterinarians. If you belong to local pet groups on social media channels, ask them for recommendations and then research what other people have to say about those vets.
- Kindness: The veterinarian and everyone on their staff should treat animals with endless kindness. From the tiniest kitten to the biggest dog breed, vets, vet techs and anyone else employed at the clinic should know how to kindly and lovingly handle pets of all types.
- Experience: You want to work with a veterinarian with years of experience helping pets and their families. A vet should rarely (if ever) be surprised by a patient’s condition. Find a vet with years of hands-on experience working with animals and an in-depth understanding of animal biology and behavior.
- Knowledge: Not only should your chosen veterinarian possess a wealth of knowledge, but they should also hire a team that also knows their stuff when it comes to pet health. Veterinarians and veterinary technicians should have academic credentials and maintain any necessary licenses.
- Hygiene: Even though dogs and cats walk through there all day long, vet clinics should be clean. From the waiting room to the exam rooms, every part of the clinic should demonstrate the staff’s ongoing efforts to maintain hygienic standards.
- Availability: Along with offering a range of office hours throughout the week and potentially even over the weekend, your veterinarian should provide some type of emergency service. In case something happens in the middle of the night with your furry friend, you want to know you can take them to the clinic they know.
- Affordability: Part of pet ownership is figuring their expenses into your budget. A vet clinic should offer reasonable rates for patients so no one has to go broke looking after their dog or cat.
Sunnyside Pet Hospital is proud to be one of the premier local veterinarians in Fresno, CA. We’ve treated patients for almost 40 years. We’re a family-owned practice that goes above and beyond to provide the care your pet needs to remain happy and healthy. Our clinic handles everything from wellness exams to surgeries. We also offer an online pharmacy for pets that require medication or prescription foods.
If you’re looking for a new veterinarian or it’s been a while since your pet had a checkup, make an appointment at our clinic today.